DOWNLOAD ⇒ TGC FAQ & Code of Conduct Sept 2018
DOWNLOAD ⇒ P&T Club Safety Information Sept 2018
DOWNLOAD⇒ Emergency Procedures 2018
Welcome to Tooting Gymnastics Club
We at Tooting Gymnastics Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all our members. The club believes it is important that members, coaches, administration staff and parents/carers associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open and honest at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club. Our Welfare Officer is Jane Lacey. If you have any concerns, complaints or compliments would like to speak with Jane please contact her on 07946 240 340. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Safety Rules & Code of Conduct for Parents/Carers/Visitors
- Your child has read and understood the rules of the club and participates within them.
- You never force your child to take part in gymnastics.
- Your child is dressed appropriately for gymnastics; their hair is neat and tidy and tied off the face; all jewellery has been removed, (earrings are not an option), they have a small non fizzy drink with them (please put names on bottles) and they have been to the toilet, especially the Tots. Children under 9yrs old must be accompanied to the toilet with an adult and we prefer this not to be a coach!!
- You keep the club informed if your child has been ill or is unable to attend their sessions. This is especially important during Display rehearsal times or if you are an Acro or Development Group member.
- Your child is brought into the sports hall a minimum of 5 minutes before the lesson, therefore in time for registration and is collected promptly from the sports hall at the end of the lesson.
- You use correct and proper language at all times, and ensure you are respectful to other club members and their families, coaches and admin staff.
- All siblings not participating in the lessons are kept quiet and occupied at all times and therefore are not being a nuisance or a distraction by running around the sports hall/leisure centre. They must be kept off the matted areas, all pieces of apparatus, and Badminton Court 5. Failure to follow this rule will result in you and them being asked to leave the sports hall.
- That the noise level in the parent watching area does not exceed what we consider to be reasonable.
If the noise level becomes a distraction, then we have the right to ask you to leave the sports hall.
- You do not photograph or film your child doing gymnastics. For Child Protection reasons you are not permitted to, unless you have made prior arrangements and have written consent from the Head Coach.
- It is standard practice in most gymnastics clubs that parent watching is restricted to once a term. Although we have an “open door policy”, the viewing area has now been restricted in size and is primarily for those parents whose young children need to be able to see them for reassurance. Our “Parent Watching” week is generally the fifth week of each half term.
- Please note: Whilst parent feedback is encouraged, parents are asked to discuss any issues at the beginning or end of the class and not during the sessions. Therefore please do not interrupt the lessons; interruptions are off putting and unsafe for coaches and gymnasts.
- Please ensure all course fees are paid on time within the payment period any late fees will be subject to a late payment fee.
Re-enrolment generally takes place during week 4 & 5 of each course (please continue to check the website for dates)
- If you have not paid within this period your place will be offered to someone on the waiting list during week 6. Places can be reserved with a £10.00 non-refundable deposit, but the remaining fees must be paid before the end of term. Any fees that are paid after the re-enrolment date will be subject to a “late payment fee”. It is also your responsibility to inform the Admin Desk if you no longer wish to be a member of the club and therefore it is your intention to leave. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please let us know, we may be able to help.
Club Safety Rules & Code of Conduct for Gymnasts
- As a member of Tooting Gymnastics Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- Please ensure you are in time for registration at the beginning of each class, which should be a minimum of 5 minutes before the class is due to start. Once you have registered you are not permitted to leave the sports hall until the end of the lesson. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your lesson, unfortunately you will not be permitted to take part in that session.
- Please go to the toilet BEFORE the class. If you are 9yrs or older you may go to the toilet without adult supervision.
- Please do not go on any apparatus before or after the class or without the permission of a coach.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect.
- Your hair and appearance should be neat and tidy at all times. Long hair MUST be tied back off the face. Should you forget your hair-band or clips then you can borrow one from the Admin Desk. Please ensure you return the hair-band/clips at the end of the session.
- If you have a verruca, please cover it with a plaster.
- Girls should wear a leotard and boys should wear shorts and t-shirtMembers should not wear: socks or shoes, jeans, skirts, long casual trousers, flared tracksuit bottoms, hooded tops, and clothing with zips or toggles.
- No jewellery of any description is to be worn, this includes; all body piercing, watches, rings, earrings, necklaces and no nail extensions. Please note that the Club takes no responsibility for any jewellery that is left at the Admin Desk. This also applies to any other items such as mobile phones or money.
- No outdoors shoes should be worn on any piece of apparatus or the matted area including the tumble track.
- No eating, drinking or chewing on the matted area or apparatus, during or after your class.
- Members must not chew gum, smoke, consumer alcohol or take drugs of any kind whilst representing the club.
- Members must inform the head coach or admin desk of any injury or illness they may have before the beginning of the class.
- No gymnast is permitted to leave the sports hall during a class. If you need to leave early you must inform the admin desk and your coach before the start of your lesson.
- Do not leave the sports hall to go home until you are collected by your parent/carer.
- Gymnasts MUST inform the admin desk and a coach if their parent has not collected them. Under no circumstances must they leave the sports hall. When leaving the sports hall please be considerate to other Leisure Centre users especially the badminton players. Please do not leave valuables lying around and ensure you take all your belongings home with you. Members should not use bad language and should respect all coaches, admin staff and fellow club members. We do not allow bullying, or any form of physical violence in our club. If you are found to be bullying, action will be taken and, in some cases, this may result in you being asked to leave the club.
Thank you for taking the time to read the above. Your support is much appreciated.